· Activate the windshield wipers and turn the ignition off when the wipers reach the upward position. The wiper motor has an automatic reset of the blades, so turning off the motor with the keys in the ignition will not work. To achieve the task, wait until the wipers are in the raised position and then shut the power source off to the motor.
· Open the hood. Remove the capped screw located in the center of the wiper arm cowling. Unscrew the screw halfway out and then pull out the fitting.
· Locate and unclip the three retaining clips on the front of the cover to remove it.
· Remove the old filter underneath the cowling. If a filter is not present, remove the screen plate underneath the cowling.
· Install the filter into the screen plate so the arrow indicator for air flow is pointing in the upward position.
· Reattach the housing and clips and then replace the cowling. Tighten the capped screw and then close the hood.