Where can you work when you are 14?
Labor laws vary from place to place. In the US, the laws are by state. Most states require some type of permit ('working papers') for 14 year olds that want a job. The following are suggestions submitted by the community:
- A 14 year old can work a chik-fil-a or maybe work at spinners.
- a fast-food restaurant
- Generally, one must be 16 to get a job, and 15 to volunteer.
- This is not quite true actually,
you can work in places at 14, you don't have to be 16 or 15 to
work. you could work at amigos and a lot of other places.-
- You can work at a retail establishment or even at a fair or
water park near you at 14 or older.
- That very much depends on where in the world you live.
- You can work at Public's, the grocery store.
- A 14-year-old cannot legally work in most instances. However,
14-year-olds can babysit, do yard work, wash cars, and any number
of jobs of that nature.
- You can get a restaurant job as a cashier
- I'm pretty sure 14 is old enough to be a bagger at a local food
store, or you can work at summer camps or daycare. if none of those
work then babysitting is always a great option.
- Newspaper round or dog walking locally or even some extra
chores if you are looking for extra money.
- Fourteen year olds can babysit, work as camp counselors, work
as a life guard and work at some fast food restaurants. Grocery
stores also usually will hire a fourteen year old as a bagger.
- It depends on where you live if you can get a work permit. If
you can't get a work permit babysitting, pet sitting, small
business, and many other things. Just use you're imagination.
- You could work at your local ice cream store, or work at
- At the age of 14 by law you can have any non hazardous job that
you work for a maximum of 3 hours a school day and cannot work past
7pm on a school night. For a week you may only work a total of 40
- You can work at the library. you could work at a fast food
place. are there any small businesses around you? ask them.
- Most 14 year old kids can not work at most businesses. If you
know the family and they know you, they probably can hire you;
other than that, it is against labor laws to let a 14 year old work
in a company/business.
- You can get a job at a sno-cone stand or any other small time
business. I'm 13 and i got one that paid $300 a week and it was at
a sno-cone stand.
- You get a job at lots of places. Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons, A&W. You can not work in an environment where there is alcohol so no bars or Bosten Pizza anything like that. If you don't want any food jobs you can (if you are smart at math) do someones books, a lot of owners don't have time to do that.
- It depends on where you live. Most places, in order to work under the age of 16, you either will need a worker's permit or employed by a family member. Many municipalities allow children under the age of 16 to work in a family owned business. Outside of family businesses, generally a legal worker's permit is required.
- Babysitting, working at a grocery store or gas station, newspaper, working at a movie theater, and volunteer work at an animal shelter or vet could be possible jobs for the age of 14 and up.
- It will depend upon the Child Labor laws in your jurisdiction. a car wash might be listed as hazardous and not appropriate for a minor or under 16. If it is legal if will require a work permit from school. They have to be in high school. You can get a worker's permit from your guidance counselor or the school office.
- You can work at various places such as grocery stores and some restaurants. The first step is to call around and ask if specific stores hire 14 yr olds. At grocery stores you can start out working as a bagger with various stipulations on your hours. These stipulations include when you can start, what time you have to leave and how long you can be working. There are also stipulations on your breaks and how many you have to have in a given shift. There are many stipulations that go along with hiring anyone 14-16 years of age. This is why most employers won't hire anyone below age 16. However grocery stores and some restaurants will hire 14 year olds for bagger and busser shifts. You might want to think about getting a job that you know you can do on your own, that would eliminate dealing with the type of stipulations you will find working at babysitting for neighbors, or mowing lawns, something to that extent.
- I think you need a work permit until you are 16, other wise I'd recommend babysitting of lawn mowing Very few places will officially hire 14 year olds, but they are out there. Its mainly things like the old paper route and bagging groceries. I think that the best choice would be to do things like babysitting, lawn-mowing, dog-walking, etc.
- A 14 year old can work at a country club/golf course during the summer, Culvers, gas station, amusement park, some movie theaters, some resturants, and some grocery stores. You would have to call around and see or search the internet for more info. You can visit businesses that are accessible to you and ask the manager or owner about employment at that place.
- Quiznos hires when your 14
- Most restaurants will hire 14 year old people. You will not be able to work but limited hours by law though. Just call up a place that you are interested in and ask them.
- You can babysit, mow lawns, do yard work.
- You can mow lawns, weed gardens, walk dogs, help elderly people with small chores (like picking up something from the store), babysit, help younger children with school work, etc. It's nice to hear about a 14 year old wanting to work! In our area students have the opportunity to help clean the school during the summer and earn $1500! It's a wonderful program. It's very important to be a young person that people can trust, have confidence in when you consistently work hard at whatever you do. Remember what you do today can/will affect your future. If you work hard and do a good job, no matter what you do, your reputation will follow you and jobs will be easier and better to get in the future! If you screw up and do a lousy job you will have hard times ahead when you need a job. No one will want to hire you.
- Places like Mcdonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell and Dairy Queen. You will not be allowed to work at places with alcohol. For example, most gas stations, and convenient stores.
- You can get a paper route or work cleaning houses, or mow lawns, or baby sit. You can't get a "real job" in some retail stores you can start at minimum wage.
5 people found this useful
you cannot work at the age of 14 only babysitting or doing someones yard uh no your wrong labor laws say you can work at the age 14 learn you facts before you spread your stu…pidness around
no because school would much rather hold u in there hell instead of starting your future early so forget even asking
I am 14 and I am planning on applying at Publix. You are able to be a cashier, bagger, or florist. You can do either of these when you are 14.
yes at winndixie
It all depends on your staff. I personally don't think you canapply at my Wegmans.. but if you want to clarify the agefoundations just go on their website.
No the law states you could only start working at the age of 16
go to your middle school main office or high school office
I think you have to be at least 16 to work at the theater. I know this is the case here in Wichita, KS, USA. It is better that you check with the person in charge of hiring.
yes you can labor laws say with a parent signuture you can
Yes you can
Yes you can, you must have taken Drivers Ed and had your permit for 6 months.
The best way i have found to make money is Cashcrate. i can easily make 30-50 dollars a month and im only 15! Sign up here --> http://www.cashcrate.com/3509082.
No You Must Be More Than 16 About 16 and 6 Months.
Well I don't think you can work at the age of 14 but 2 more years yes you can work somewhere
It dependents on which Goodwill store.