Who are some famous scientists and what are their contributions to the fields of science?
All the winners of the Nobel Prize are, of course, extremely important scientists.
Here are a few examples:
- Sigmund Freud (discovery of Integrated Trinity) - Germany, born in Czechoslovakia
- Alfred Nobel (discovery of dynamite) - Sweden
- Nikola Tesla (electricity field) - Slovenia
- Albert Einstein (Theory of relativity) - Germany
- Karl Jung (discovery of second personality of alcoholics = Alter/ego)
- Gregor Mendel (discovery of genes)
- Isaac Newton (Laws of Gravity)
- William Perkin (chemist who invented the first synthetic dye, mauveine) - Britain
- Herman Mark (The father of polymer chemistry) - Austrian Jew
- Otto Bayer - German scientist who invented polyurethane. (He's not related to the Bayer family that started the chemical company he worked for.)
- Otto Rohm and Otto Haas - German scientists who invented acrylate polymers. These are used for things like Plexiglas and the plastic layer of safety glass.
- Leo Baekeland - Belgian scientist who invented two things: prepackaged photo paper; and phenolic plastic. The photo paper made him rich; the phenolic made him immortal.
- Agapito Flores - Philippine inventor of the fluorescent lamp.
- Fe Del Mundo - Philippine inventor of the incubator.
- Eduardo San Juan - Philippine inventor of the lunar rover.
(For more information on the famous scientists of the world, see the list of Related Links, as well as the Related Questions.)
Andre Ampere Andre Marie Ampere was the first to explain the electro-dynamic theory. A permanent memorial to Ampere is the use of his name for the unit of electric current. Ge… (MORE)
Filipino BiologistsAngel C. Alcala - Invented artificial coral reefs to be used in South East Asia. Pedro B. Escuro - rice breeding - he developed the dwarf, high-yielding C4… (MORE)
Just a few of the many who have contributed to the various fields of science: Eduardo San Juan- astronomy - helped invent the Lunar Rover Charle Mar Abelo- zoologist - contrib… (MORE)
A number of popular TV shows about forensic science and technology have achieved a high degree of popularity in the United States in recent years. This media has inspired a nu… (MORE)
Science fairs both entertain and inspire. They are a great starting point for future scientists, inventors, and researchers. Students of all ages and both genders equally appr… (MORE)
Filipino Chemists and their contributionsJulian Banzon - experimented with the production of ethyl ester fuels from sugarcane and coconut and invented a means of extracting re… (MORE)
Answers.com is an international site with contributors from many countries. So, below is a list of scientists from all over the world:Albert Einstein: E=mc2 the theory of rela… (MORE)
Filipino PhysicistsFamous Filipino physicists have not received the same amount of recognition as their North American or European counterparts. We hope the following provides… (MORE)