You can maintain power over people as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything and that man will no longer be in your power.
Roughly forty years experience in the working world, and five years teaching students to write, especially resumes and filling in job applications.
Bachelor of Science in Education, English Major, History Minor.
I have four years experience working in a law library researching case law on laws and regulations related to police procedure and incarceration.
I have six years experience as a Supervisor on WikiAnswers categorizing questions.
At fifty-two years old, I have more than half a century experience in several societies and cultures, and as an observer at least of civilization as we know it.
I served four years in the US Army, two of which were as the unit clerk of HQ HQ Battery III Corps FA at Ft. Sill Oklahoma. Additionally, I have six years skip tracing and recovery experience specializing in military and service member accounts.
Four years service, six months Command General's Honor Guard, one year III Corps FA S2 Specialist, multiple security clearances, multiple decorations.
Eleven years experience mentoring parolees and inmates, and teaching average citizens what law enforcement can and cannot leagally do.
Four years service.
Four years service, and a BS in Ed. English major, Hostory minor, military history emphasis.
Four years military service.
BS in Ed. History Minor.
Eleven years mentoring parolees and the incarcerated.
Eleven years experience mentoring parolees and the incarcerated. Two and a half years intensive study of the prison system in the state of Michigan.
Eleven years experience mentoring and teaching parolees.
Six years skip tracing experience, and an additional year emperience working in a law library researching case law.
Four years military service and six years skip tracing experience specializing in military recovery.
Three years research into the history of the Order of Illuminati and Adam Weishaupt.
Eleven years experience mentoring and teaching parolees, primarily registered sex offenders. Four years of undergrad psychology, and a better than average understanding of human behavior.
http://wiki.answers.com/Is it crazy to kill yourself because you know that you cannot be with the special person you love
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If women say that all the men are the same then why does it take them so long to pick one
Too many are lost in all wars. America's two most recent are not different. I recently found a visual representation of what we have lost. Over 7,500 Coalition lives.
The Categories I Supervise:
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is there more happiness or sadness in the world
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who are the current WikiAnswers Community Assistants
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What should you do to get more trust points in WikiAnswers
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What is inappropriate subject matter for WikiAnswers
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How do you add photos or images to your Answers.com profile
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Should you post your username if you answer a question that has already been answered by more than one contributor
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does wiki answers really answer all your questions correctly
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What law states that a person under the age of 18 cannot engage in sexual contact
Just don't abuse it.
Or, you can always just post to my message board.
Thanks for stopping by. If you don't find what you need here, drop me a line to let me know what I can do to help.
I appreciate the chance I have to share what I know, humble as that collection of trivia and minutia is. I want to help people. Hopefully, the former does the latter.
I've seen a lot of places, done a variety of things, and I've always had the philosophy that you can never know what you don't know unless you're asked. Sometimes it is surprising.
I think I learned the most in the short time I was teaching. I figured out that last bit then. There is nothing that can put you on the spot but to feel like you are totally prepared to stand up in front of a bunch of teenagers and share with them everything they need to know, ready to tackle anything, and have some thirteen-year-old ask you a question for which you have no answer. Nothing is more humbling than to have to tell a room full of kids, "I don't know."
I hit the Gold level for Contributions recently, 5.26.09. I was impressed with myself for making 25,000 contributions. That is until HisPowr4U cracked the 1 million mark. Now 25,000 seems so small. This leads to part of what I like about WikiAnswers:
Everywhere you look here, there are people doing, and not just treading water like the rest of the internet feels. It feels like with the questions, answers, mergings, recats, splits, and everything else we all do here that we really are doing something. It is important for people to do something. It's a way of making a mark, leaving something of ourselves behind, letting the world and all that come after us know, "Hey, I was here."
Happy Wiki-ing. And, if you need a C.Hainsaw, I'm here.
Just let me know.
A few things to think about: (Things I've figured out along the way)
- Humans, intelligence defines who we are. Unfortunately it also the source of our collective insanity.
- Wisdom is where you find it.
- Sometimes the best way to find something is to not look for it.
- Because you disagree with something, does not make it wrong. It just means it's probably wrong for you.
- Never set up a target you don't want anyone to shoot at. If you set up a target, someone will shoot at it. Ever drive through a rural area and look at the stop signs?
- If you ask a question you will get an answer. You may not like that answer, but maybe you should have considered that before you asked the question.
- Never pass up an opportunity to take a leak.
- Don't shoot the messenger. Don't blame the head of the spear. Look to the hand that's thrown it.
- I am not the center of the universe, but neither are you. What else need be said?
- Change is only possible (and likely) after the dawn of awareness.
- The unexamined opinion is probably not worth having, and less likely worth sharing.
- In your own mind, you can't blame someone else for what you do. You will always know.
- When in doubt, stand still.
- If someone is shooting at you, don't pick that time to be in doubt. (Literally and metaphorically.)
- Most questions can be answered with an opinion.
- Most answers are opinion. It doesn't make them wrong, just debatable.
- If you have to support your faith, feelings, or opinions at the expense of someone else, perhaps you should examine your faith, feelings, and opinions.
- Evil happens. Unfortunately, people are often the source.
- No person is evil. People may do evil things, may behave in evil ways, but the person who does so was once someone's baby. Evil is never born, it develops.
- There is a reason for everything. While we may not know the reason, this is not an indication that there is no reason; it only means we don't know.
- There is no shame in not knowing something, only in not trying to find out.
- We are never responsible for anything done to us by another person. We are always responsible for what we do with it though.
- Never blame the soldier, blame the war. While we are the directors of our own actions, war often directs that.
- Those who have never fought a war can never understand what must be done. They have not earned the right to judge those who return from war.
- No greater suffering can one man place on another than to take away his freedom.
- I may not know everything, but I know enough to know what I don't know.
- Your belief that the other person is wrong by no means makes you right.
And, the wisdom of others (if there are some you know of, share them):
- "Sometimes God calms the storm, but more often, He allows the storm to rage, and calms His child."
- "God would never shrink his plans to fit our brain."
- "Never ask a question the answer to which you cannot know this side of eternity." Rick Warren (minister/author)
- "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
- "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet
- "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." George Carlin (comedian)
- "Whoever saves one life, saves a world entire." the Talmud
- "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Schultz
- "If you can read this, thank a teacher - and, since it's in English, thank a soldier." Observed on a bumper sticker
- "And I communed with many different faiths and even when I wanted to be rebellious I never did not believe in Him. I never believed the people who said God was destructive or punishing." American Actress, Alfre Woodard
- "An idea is like a virus, resilient highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you. The smallest idea such as, 'Your world is not real,' simple little thought that changes everything." Leonardo DiCaprio as Dominic Cobb as Mr. Charles as Dominic Cobb (confusing, I know) from Inception (2010)
Als die Nazis mich holten
Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.
Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.
Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.
Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Jude
Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr,
der protestieren konnte.
When the Nazis came for me
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist..
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no-one left
to speak out.
And part of me still is...and always will be.
My daughter asks why the sky
is not green says she.
"The grass is green." to her I say
"God made it to match the trees."
My daughter asked why cats don't bark
and dogs don't say, "Meow."
I tell her, "Love, if dogs could speak
people would wonder how."
My daughter asks why at night
the stars come out to play.
I tell my love, "The night for them
to you is like the day."
My daughter asks why other kids
have mommies unlike she.
I look at her, tears fill my eyes,
I tell her, "You have me."
My daughter loves this question game
her questions I love to try,
but sometimes even I don't know
why I do not know why.
Oblivious, aloof, apathetic,
She parts the sea of bodies and faces;
Like an Old Testament Glory
Leading Children with to their promised reward
She leaves in her wake the wreckage
Of relationships, broken,
Shown in the eyes of every girlfriend she passes.